Thursday, June 4, 2020

Simple Passionfruit Icing

PASSIONFRUIT BUTTER ICING


I had watched Mum make passion-fruit icing for many years but had never made it myself until today.  Mum used to make a passion-fruit double checker sponge cake filled with whipped cream and topped with passion-fruit icing. We used to pick the passion-fruit from the garden.



INGREDIENTS

  • 2 CUPS  Icing Sugar ( sifted).
  • 25g Butter ( melted).
  • 2-3 Tablespoons of Passionfruit pulp. (fresh).

METHOD

1. Sift  Icing sugar in a large bowl;
2. Cube softened butter and melt the butter over low heat..
3. Add the Passionfruit  Pulp to suit your tastel.

Today when I made it, I forgot to melt the butter.  So I added a tiny drop of water. I also use 3 medium size passion fruit.

Mum used to combine her icing by hand.  I used the mix master on a slow speed until combined and when I added the tiny drop of cold water, I increased the speed to medium to get a smooth spreadable mixture.  It worked perfectly.

This recipe is simple to do.and it has the potential to be adaptable to ice cakes, cup cakes, biscuits, or be a filling between a sponge or biscuits.  Just adapt the  quantity of the ingredients to suit your needs.  It tastes beautifu.


No comments:

Post a Comment